Faculty of Education is one of the two pioneer faculties which started in 1988 with the aim of producing graduate teachers for secondary schools. It started with Bachelor of Arts Education. Later in 1991 the Bachelor of Science Education was introduced and different Masters’ programmes started in 2014.
The Faculty now has four departments; Educational Management and administration, Educational Psychology, Curriculum and Instruction, and Foundations of Education. The Faculty runs programmes from Diploma to PhD. The Faculty is known for producing quality teachers since its inception.
programmes in the faculty include;
- Diploma in Primary Education
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Diploma in Guidance and Counselling
- Concurrent Diploma in Education
- Bachelor of Arts with Education
- Bachelor of Science with Education
- Bachelor of Education
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Management and Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Teaching at Higher Education
- Master of Education (Educational Management & Administration, Educational Psychology, Curriculum & Instruction, and Instructional Technology)
- PhD Education (Educational Management & Administration; Curriculum & Instruction; Curriculum Studies; Educational Psychology; Counselling Psychology, and Foundations of Education)
I have the pleasure of welcoming you to the Faculty of Education, Islamic University in Uganda. The mother of all Faculties, the trainers of every seasoned instructors. The Faculty is committed to tra...
. Dr. Amina Hassan
The mission is to produce all round educationists capable of contributing to national and international development whilst upholding morals and righteousness.
The vision of the faculty is to be a centre of professional excellence in teacher education for societal transformation